Front view of St. Ann's Hermitage, the original McPherson building, purchased by the Marist Brothers in 1905. The front part of the building contained a parlor for receiving guests, a chapel, the tailor shop, and an infirmary which housed the elderly and sick Brothers. There was a balcony which opened into the chapel from which those who were ill could attend Mass. After each Mass, Communion was brought to the sick in the infirmary.


* this page is printer ready *



Home | Marist College | Library Home Page


last updated on June 10, 2004