The Byrne House

The Byrne house, overlooking the Hudson River, was built in 1960 during the expansion of Marist College. It was used as a residence for the Dominican Fathers who were at that time college chaplains. Later it was used as a location for the campus nurse and counseling activities. Currently it is a being used as school ministry and student counseling center.

Byrne House is named after Brother George Francis Byrne, FMS, who was born in West New York, New Jersey, on December 2, 1908. He became a Marist Brother on July 26, 1926, and came to Marist College in 1949 to teach history. He died at Marist on October 25, 1953, and is buried on campus in the Marist Brothers' cemetery.


*this page is printer ready*



Home | Marist College | Library Home Page


last updated on June 10, 2004